Starting PeopleTools 8.54 approvals in PeopleSoft applications can be enabled for Fluid usage using Mobile Application Platform (MAP) technology. Setting up this feature was quite tricky in earlier days involving wide range of manual configuration and validation steps.
In the recent update images for demo environments delivered in PT 8.55 most of these steps are pre-configured. However couple of manual steps are needed post deployment to enable fluid approvals.
After deploying a new PS demo environment, when you login notice the approval tile displaying the default image, clicking on this tile will open a new page displaying the same image.
Perform “Local node introspection and deployment” for IB service – HMAP_APPROVALS
- Navigate to PeopleTools, Integration Broker, Integration Network WorkCenter.
- Under the Administration folder, click the Introspection and Deployment link.
- In the Search for Items - Introspection/Deployment page, select the Service - option to enable the Service field.
- Enter HMAP_APPROVAL in the Service field.
- Click Search.
- Enter the service HMAP_APPROVAL appears in the Select Items to Process group box.
- Select the HMAP_APPROVAL check box.
- Click Continue.
- On the Target page, select the Local Node option and then click Continue.
- On the Introspection/Deployment page, click the Introspect button.
- On the Introspection Results page, select all of the service operations that have the check boxes selected.
- Click the Deploy button.
After performing this task verify the fluid approvals tile to check if it is showing the count of pending approvals, if yes then configuration is complete. Click on the tile to check if the pending approvals page opens up.
If an error message appears as below then proceed checking the following item.
Check if the routing definition associated with the active service operations in HMAP_APPROVAL service is set to active. Typically following service operations are activated while performing the introspection and deployment step described above. Routing definitions between local node e.g. PSFT_HR and target node – WADL_NODE must be activated.
- 'XXX' represent application name e.g. 'HCM'
Once activated check if the approval tile is displaying the pending approvals count and when clicked opens up the fluid pending approvals page.
Please note the 2 steps discussed here are only applicable to PUM images 16 and above, which are delivered in PT 8.55 and uses DPK for deployment.
For PS environments earlier to that additional configuration steps may be required. As this setup has proven quite tricky since its introduction, there exists quite a few discussions in Oracle support and customer forums.
I found the below article in Oracle support which consolidates various errors and resolution steps to be quite useful – Doc ID 1990593.1
Reference documentation – PeopleSoftMobileApprovalInstallation_March2016